In this training there are 4 housewives (Yuliana Fransiska, Frumensia Fransiska, Lusia Hinggi and Magdalena) learned to make pastries and cake. Training conducted for two days.
In the first day we learned making pastries and in the second day we made cakes moist. Learning is done in two stages. The first stage: the introduction of utensils and understanding about recipes. The second stage of the process of making cakes until cooked (baked and fried). We also learn to try out new recipes.
In this training we learned making:
- Nestum Cakes (pastries)
- Kukis cake (cakes moist)
- Sus Pastel (cakes moist)
- On September 4, 2011 we held a bazaar in front of the church and we were able to sell cookies that we made in the training. The money we collect for IDR 300,000. We are very pleased to be able to get the money together in our group and can be sold 6 jars of cookies. This is the first time we sell cookies in a bazaar. Net profit for each jar of cookies is IDR 25,000.
- We agreed we would continue these activities together each month to make a cake together and sell them at a nearby kiosk. But we want to improve the quality and taste of the cake that we made so that it can compete in the market and school.
- Yuliana Fransiska: Every day I sell cakes, but only one kind of steamed bread. By followed this training, I’m so glad that I could make other types of cakes and sell it. Thank you MicroAid.
- Frumensia Fransiska: I am pleased to be making a cake. I will continue trying to improve the flavor of the cake we’ve ever made together so I can sell at the school of my children.
- Lusia Hinggi: I got new knowledge about learning to make pastry. I am very pleased. Hopefully these skills can open up business opportunities for me and my group. Please help us to continue to guide me and the group.
- Magdalena: In this group I was chosen by friends as the group leader. I will continue to encourage friends to keep trying and learning. We pledge to achieve a change, which today is better than yesterday. Please continue to help us. Thank you MicroAid.
Project budget: £126
Community Facilitation Partner: Sari Dharma Indah foundation – SADI
Date of project implemented: August 15, 2011
Project location: Hewuli, Sikka, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Donors of this project:
Photo album of this project: