- In this training we learned how to make purses and handbags from woven fabrics.
- We have learned these products (such as wallets and handbags) because the products easier to sell in local market.
- When we do this training, we also got a guest visit from the District Government of Sikka. They gave us 2 rolls thread as additional feedstock that can be used to create two pieces of woven fabric.
- The results of the training that we did for 2 days; we can make a wallet and a small handbag and is sold at IDR 30,000 for a wallet and IDR 75,000 for a small handbag. We use the example of the products that we bought from local stores in Maumere city and the price that we sell can be cheaper than in stores.
- The profit that we gain is IDR 10,000 for a wallet and IDR 25,000 for a small handbag. From this profit, we will collect the money in a group and we’ll use to buy other product samples and raw materials.
- We want to learn again to make a wide range of products made from woven fabric
- Ester Meti: I am very satisfied with this activity. Thank you Mr. Toby and Mrs. Amber Beresford
- Maria Lue: I love being able to follow this course, can make me more excited and keep trying to sell bags and wallets to market if I could make a product like this in the future
- Romana Roja: There’s nothing I can say except that gratitude and thank you because I got a new skill to develop handicraft products made from woven fabric
- Dominika Roja: I am happy with the visit, motivation, support for the efforts of this craft, thanks to Mr. Toby Beresford
- Antonius S. T. Surya: As leader of the group I was glad to have this activity because it allows us to continue to learn new skills
Project budget: £126
Community Facilitation Partner: The Source of Life Foundation – SUMB
Date of project implemented: August 12, 2011
Project location: Hewuli, Sikka, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Donors of this project:
Photo album of this project: