MicroAid’s motto is: teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
MicroAid Projects helps poor family learn new skills that will create income for them and their family.
• MicroAid promotes self help with short small educational projects that lead to independent businesses (no chance of long term dependency),
• MicroAid avoids distorting the market by not giving capital goods (no free cows on us)
• We use very local Community Facilitation Partners who have been in place for years; so we ensure that only truly poor people can access the support
• MicroAid is a “bottom up” charity; we only do what local people ask;
• We can reach via the internet into the remotest communities in the world yet still keep track of progress.
We also make things pretty cool for donors:
• We provide you personalized direct feedback as videos, photos and comments from your chosen micro-project, so you can see what happened with your money;
• MicroAid lets you choose your own projects so you can follow a specific village or family out of poverty; try doing this in your own family, classroom or friendship group.